Because of its versatility and durability, rubber flooring is becoming an increasingly sought-after option in both residential and commercial settings.
Often used in commercial and home gyms, you will now find rubber flooring materials in many high-traffic areas that require durable and/or waterproof flooring including basements, boats, pet care locations, storage areas and more.
A major advantage of rubber flooring is its ability to handle any high-moisture situation including spills and flooding. Sealers can be used to ensure that absolutely no water reaches the subfloor.
Rubber flooring works great as an outdoor flooring option. Some are UV-stable to resist fading.
Almost entirely made from recycled tires, rubber flooring is also very eco-friendly.
Available as both tiles and in rolls, there are lots of options:
- Surfaces that are perfectly flat and smooth, or textured
- Flat matte finishes that can be polished with a water-soluble wax emulsion to make the surface more durable and stain resistant
- Many colors, including multi-color
- Various thicknesses and backing: The thicker the material, the softer underfoot and the more cushioning for falls and tolerating dropped weights
- Cork, fabric, or foam backing
Talk to ACS About Your Rubber Floors
As you plan how to take advantage of today’s rubber flooring options, talk to ACS. We work with a wide range of manufacturers and can advise you on the options that are right for your application and, of course, ensure that the installation is done correctly.
Preparing for Your Installation
To get ready for your new floor, you will need to take some steps before the installers arrive. Download our Preparing for Your New Floor Checklist.