Rapidly growing Flooring Installation Service Company is seeking a high energy, motivated Warehouse Manager to provide leadership to the Warehouse Associates and receive, store and distribute carpet and other materials, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Responsible for efficient load out of installers, incoming and outgoing shipments and preparing items for shipment.
- Establishes operational procedures and coordinates activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, keeping warehouse inventory current and building maintenance.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment and ensures all are properly maintained.
- Prepares work order for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine carpet and pad inventory to be moved, gathered, or distributed to subcontractors and in-house installers.
- Understands ACS system functions and process as it relates to warehouse operations.
- Have a complete understanding of QTY’s on floor plans and its relation to the order.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places carpet, materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department. Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Able to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
- Marks materials with identifying information and maintains the Inventory records.
- Pack and load products onto trucks according to company’s specifications.
- Performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in maintaining warehouse, office and adjacent grounds. Keeps equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition.
The successful candidate will be organized, team oriented, computer savy and have the ability to multi-task. Some experience is preferred. Construction industry, residential renovation experience or working knowledge of flooring materials is a plus.
We offer an energized, fast-paced working environment, competitive compensation, and excellent employee benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Warehouse Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts